Gates PTO Mission
The Gates School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is a dynamic parent/teacher group that creates and delivers programs and events to support student enrichment and foster community among the families and staff at Paul P. Gates School.
- Encourage parent involvement
- Promote parent-school communication
- Support school needs through volunteering and fundraising
Our Core Values
The entire Gates community benefits when parents and teachers work together to promote Gates’ core values of generosity, acceptance, trust, respect, enthusiasm, and scholarship. We can model the importance of volunteerism, open communication, and balance between school, home, and the community.
What We Support
The PTO works hard to provide cultural and educational opportunities for our children. Here are some of the programs and activities we are involved in:
- Music, arts, and cultural enrichment
- Author visits
- Family events and socials
- Landscaping clean-up
- Teacher grants
- Para-professional funding
- Teaching assistants
- Staff appreciation
- Nature walks
- Kindergarten play dates, tours, and information night
- Teacher support
- Sixth-grade activities
- Activity day
Here are some of the ways we work to enrich our school community:
- Hosting community events including Dances of the World and the Ice Cream Social.
- Organizing community outreach including the Winter Clothing Drive and the Mitten Tree (Giving Tree).
- Bringing enrichment and entertainment groups to perform and educate our students.
- Providing volunteer opportunities so parents can be part of their child’s education and school community.
- Supporting our faculty by providing funds for additional staffing and coordinating volunteers for activities.
- Administering scholarships so that all students can participate in field trips, no matter what their financial circumstances are.
The volunteered time, talent, and financial support of PTO members make so much possible. We couldn’t do it without them!